TERMS & CONDITIONS
– The video for the application must include the whole performance, even if it is from a rehearsal process.
– Minimum duration of the proposed piece: 20 minutes.
– The companies, selected or not, will be informed through an e-mail for the final selection of the Festival until March 15th 2019.
– The companies will receive a fee based on a percentage 70% of the proceeds of ticket sales (taxes withheld).
– When two performances of different artists are presented in the same evening, the proceeds from the ticket sales are equally shared between the artists.
– The Festival covers the electronic and printed promotion of its events with posters, booklets, flyers, audio-visual material, press releases and promotional material sent to both electronic and print press. For this purpose the selected companies will be asked for promotional material. The selected companies are also encouraged to promote the participation of their performances at the Festival.
– The Festival announces to the selected companies the performance spaces for the Festival and then in consultation with each company decides for the appropriate space for each performance.
– In case of choosing to perform in a public space, there is no ticket income but a fixed fee is paid to the artists.
– The festival offers technical equipment and a person responsible for sound and lighting. In case a company wishes to work with its own technician, the company must cover the accommodation and transport expenses.
– The dates and duration of the stay of companies are determined by the date of the presentation and the number of performances. Consequently, the companies that are invited to give one performance will be offered accommodation for two nights while companies that are invited to give two performances will be offered accommodation for three nights. If any of the invited artists wishes to extend his stay in Syros, he or she defrays the costs thereof.
– The Festival offers the companies coupons that can be used in cafes and restaurants in Syros that are cooperating with the Festival.
– The Festival covers only individual tickets Piraeus-Syros-Piraeus, not transportation vehicles. Any cancellations or changes to tickets after their issue by the Festival are solely a responsibility of the companies.
– Air tickets are not covered by the Festival.