TERMS & CONDITIONS
– The video of the performance proposed, must necessarily include the entire piece, even if it comes from a rehearsal process.
– Minimum performance duration: 20 minutes.
– The artists, selected or not, will be notified by e-mail for the final selection of the Festival until February 15, 2020.
– Artists’ compensation is 70% of the ticket sales (VAT withheld).
– In the event of two performances by different artists on the same night, ticket revenue is evenly distributed.
– The Festival undertakes the responsibility for the electronic and print promotion of its events with posters, booklets, flyers, audio-visual material, press releases and promotional material in print and electronic media. For this purpose, the selected artists will be asked for relevant material. Selected artists are encouraged to promote their participation in the Festival as well.
– The Festival announces to the selected artists the venues for the performance of the Festival and decides, upon consultation with each invited artist, the appropriate venue for the presentation of his/her work.
– In case that an artist decides to perform in a public space, the remuneration is not based on the tickets sales, but a fixed fee is paid to the artists.
– The festival provides artists with equipment and a lighting and sound expert. In case an artist wishes to work with his/her own technician, he/she will incur the cost of the technician accommodation and transportation.
– The selected artists will be offered accommodation for two nights (rehearsal & performance) according to the dates of the presentation of their work. If one of the invited artists wishes to extend his/her stay in Syros, he/she shall bear his/her own cost.
– The Festival offers the artists one meal per day from a local cookhouse.
– The Festival offers the artists discount vouchers that can be used in cafes and restaurants in Syros which are in co-operation with the Festival.
– The Festival covers only personal tickets Piraeus-Syros-Piraeus and not the transportation cost for vehicles. Any cost incurred by later cancellations or changes of the tickets that have been already issued by the Festival administrator, will be exclusively charged to the artists.
– Air tickets cost is not covered by the Festival.